Litter Box Or Health Issue?

ashekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi guys.
A few days ago I switched Curly's litter box after her old one developed a crack in it. I had an extra one in the garage that is top entry that she had used before no problem. I filled that one up and then she was using it perfectly for a day or two. The next day I found a poop about ten feet away from the box, which is weird because she has only had litter box issues once in her life when she was young. I decided I wanted to switch litters, (probably not the best timing looking back on it) and since it was a completely different texture, I put about and inch of it in the bottom of the box and filled the rest up with her regular litter so that she couldn't see the new litter. The next day, I found another poop in the same place. That night, I went to scoop the box and there was NOTHING in the box. No pee either. Fast forward another day and there is still nothing in the box. I've searched the whole house and I can't find any poop or pee, so I'm worried that she has a blockage or something. Although that doesn't seem right because she is eating, drinking, and acting normally. Also, since she has had litter box issues the past couple days and there have been litter box changes, I feel like I just must not be finding the pee. I just put her in the spare room with her litter box so that I can watch her.
Should I bring her to the vet ASAP? Or should I wait a little while so that I can watch her?
Thank you!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t know how old your cat is but yes, I would take her to the vet as soon as you can get her in. Whether she has suddenly stopped using her litterbox or just isn’t urinating/defecating both require a medical evaluation ASAP.

Jwa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Was the box you had been using a top entry box as well? If not, I would try the same type of box you had been using a few days ago.
If she had been using a top entry box similar before, call your vet tomo morning and get her in. Good luck. Keep us posted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys, I’ll call the vet tomorrow. She wasn’t using a top entry box before, and she is 8.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I kept her in the spare room last night with her litter box, and everything turned out fine! I checked on her this morning before calling the vet, and she had peed and pooped in the box! Thank you everyone for the helpful replies!