Litter box behavior

lyinginsilence

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So there's nothing wrong with my cat's litter box habits, I'm just curious how unique my cat is LoL. Does anyone else's cat pee and poop in a specific part of the litter box? He literally pees only in the front of the box and then will turn around to poop in the back. I find it very funny but kinda weird. Any body else have the same thing going on with their cat?

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes haha!
My girl only poops up front, and only pees in the back. Practically nothing in between the two areas. So silly!

poppyheart

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Same with my girl. Pee at the front and poo at the back with no use in between. I only have 1 cat and 1 litterbox, I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

cuddlemum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Bear is either at the back or front right near the edges usually, he doesn't cover he usually tries to kill the box to shreds lol that it's in
He tries to close the box lol, before we put the litter in the box he was scratching at the wall, big no no lol
But he does make a racket when he been , and cos I am at home full time he watches me change it and then sometimes does a poo after the wee has gone lol.
Very picky, must admit so am I don't want the smell lingering and change it straight away

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He tries to close the box lol, before we put the litter in the box he was scratching at the wall, big no no lol
But he does make a racket when he been , and cos I am at home full time he watches me change it and then sometimes does a poo after the wee has gone lol.
Very picky, must admit so am I don't want the smell lingering and change it straight away

cuddlemum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A cat loving friend showed me a picture of her cats litter box in a cardboard box, hence where I got the idea. Maybe it will start a new trend lol

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mogli pees at the back and poops midway along the left side of his (jumbo) box. I don't think it's unusual for cats to have favorite places. We had three cats with four litter boxes sharing a room at the shelter (two still are) . All three pooped in the same box and peed in the other three. It's as if they decide, "Well, this is the best place to poop!" :lol3:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Neat idea
I think if you get a box that is longer, there would be more space between the litter box and the opening to catch any litter as the cat exits the box. You can cut a liter box mat to fit or get one of those litter tracking step things to help with litter tracking in the box. A mat outside the box would also help. Now I have to go to BJs to find a huge box for my jumbo litter box

Leroy goes wherever he wants in the litter box. Emma tends to pee in the front corner and poops in the back corner.

jackiebagels

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Too funny. My cat Mew pees in the front, and poops in the back as well!! My kitten Meko on the other hand goes wherever. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the style of litter box they use though. Mew uses a hooded litter box while Meko has an uncovered sifting litter box.