Litter Box avoidance

crosbycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Problems with cat defecating outside litter box intermittently x 1 month. Totally normal bowel movements. Have 3 cats, not sure who the culprit is. All cats vet checked and healthy, one has IBS but on good food with avoidance of chicken vet suggested. Cats are playful and well. The guy with seniority doesn't like the third introduction to household but now 2 years in and he tolerates her fairly well. She does swat him when he walks by occasionally. They get wet food once daily. I do change brand of this occasionally. Eating Acana dry food and seem to love. Have three large litter boxes in a quiet spot, same for years. Recent discontinuation of litter I have used for years and problems finding new one that is low dust. Finally settled on one this week. Still little surprises on perimeter of family room. Have cleaned and deodorized with a good enzyme cleaner for pet incidents. Clean litter box daily sometimes more often.
Have emptied and cleaned bins well and put in fresh litter. Persevere until cats become accustomed? At my wits end!!

lily paddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Crosbycat.. so u have 4 litter boxes for your three cats? That is what is recommended.. one more than total # of cats... 

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are any of them long haired cats? Sometimes, they can get "clingons" on the britches which will drop off when they jump out of the box.

We have that issue sometimes.