Liquid From Thawed Organs

leechi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got the mixed rabbit organs with my last Hare Today order, the whole ones not ground. I'm giving them to my cat when she gets a chicken neck and boneless chunks once a week. She eats ground with alnutrin the rest of the time. My question is about all the liquid that comes from the organs when I thaw them. My cat doesn't drink it by itself, so would it be worth saving it and mixing with her ground food? I know it's normally important to use the liquid because taurine can be lost that way, but I don't know if it's actually beneficial to add this to already complete food.

dhammagirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'd think it'd be a great addition to the ground food. It probably has an assortment of valuable nutrients, as well as adding more moisture. You could freeze it in ice cube trays then bag it for later use, if you can't use it right away.

prairiepanda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I try to save as much liquid from the meat as possible, and incorporate it into the vitamin sauce I make. Any water-soluble nutrients can leach out that way, not just taurine, so I try to minimize my losses.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leechi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I’ve been adding it to her food, so I’ll keep doing that