Liquid Cat Vitamin Recommendations?

Kefa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In another thread here I was reminded of Lard. Then I remembered Cod Liver Oil. I have been thinking during the next few months or years as I try to teach Homer to eat food that is actually GOOD for him, it might be a good idea to give him a supplement from time to time (not daily).

I have tried vitamin treats. They all were returned because he was having none of it. But I could easily dose him with a dropper. Google returned many results so I am asking for some of your personal recommendations or ideas!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I tried Mouse with salmon oil from a dropper as he wouldn't touch it on any food, but there was no way he was going to let me give him drops either - it got very messy. Anything in paste form might be easier, but it is always going to be dependent on whether your cat likes it, and we all know how individual they are. It can be very expensive trying things out.
Mostly I have to rely on the complete food giving enough of what's needed.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Complete food is usually the best option. I've only had luck sprinkling a little joint supplement on wet food and mixing well. But I couldn't do more than a third of a capsule in the food or the cats would snub it. Any sort of vitamin treat or oils added to their food got me the "what are you thinking?" look from all three.

ptstrife

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I use Pet-Tinic. I used it first when Tim (14 year old) was not himself but nothing was really showing in the blood work. Either it helped or he had a virus and had recovered. I've also used it with a cat who was outside mostly fending for herself for more than 2 months and for a sick feral cat adopted by a friend. In all cases, it seemed to work.