Liquid cat bubbles

mishicats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has anyone bought liquid bubbles for their cats? A friend mentioned them to me the other day and said her cat liked them.  I thought  what a great idea. I can't believe I didn't think of it before, but when I looked them up on line they don't get very good reviews.  Any info would be appreciated.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Are you talking about the kind of bubbles you get for kids to play with? Or is this a product made specifically for cats? Can you post a link to the product?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mishicats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are similar to kids bubbles but made for cats or dogs. I found some on Amazon. One is called Kooka Munga Catnit Bubbles and the other is Kitty Incredibubbbles. There are also other brands.  

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Okay, I looked them up on Amazon. None of the brands have great ratings. They're not horribly expensive, so I guess you could just buy some to try. You could review the product here to let us know how it worked.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The catnip bubbles don't have much of a scent. Some leave a sticky residue if the bubbles pop on your floor, counter, etc.

I use regular bubbles for kids. I buy them at the end of the summer when the stores are clearing out the summer stuff so you can get a huge bottle for like $0.50 or less. My cats watch the bubbles but don't really bat at the bubbles or chase them around.

Leroy goes nuts with my bottle of dish soap. You know when you squirt ths soap onto a sponge or into the sink some bubbles float out the cap too? For some reason Leroy is obsessed with those little soap bubbles. He trills and spins in circles watching the soap bubbles. Sometimes I'll just squirt bubbles out for him to play with.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I thought it was a neat idea, too, but my cats weren't very interested in them.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought them a few years ago from Petco, & Angel wasn't interested in them either, & they didn't even really make good bubbles. 

So I am going to be another person to say, not worth it. Regular bubbles were better. 

Here are some pictures I got once while using regular bubbles. It's a great photo opt time.  

molly22

Country girl living the life with my furry friends
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Siamese mix loved them! He would chase them in the air and would run and pop them if any landed on the floor. Then he would get into this trance, purr as loud as he could and just watch them float around after he was tired of playing.
My other cat couldn't care less [emoji]128580[/emoji]

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have some! I cant think of the brand (Mooch is in my lap or I'd go look.) but they do smell minty to me. Noodles likes them. She chatters at them. Its so cute!

Mooch however; she hides from the very scary bubbles!! :lol3:

I might have some pictures of Noodles in action with them.