Lions or Tigers

inanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you ever notice something in your cat's mannerisms that remind of you of his/her distant cousins?

Andy always curls his paws when he grooms then. I instantly think of a lion in the same type of posture.

Jake has swag when he walks. The way that he hides and observes things reminds me of a tiger. The way their muscles ripple are so similar.

As for Toothless, my black cat, she's my lil' panther

So what big cat reminds of your domestic?

Last edited by a moderator:

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
My Mook is a panther. Never forget it.

Mercy. So far today she has fallen off the kitchen counter, kitchen bar, table, back of the sofa, end of the sofa and my desk. I haven't a clue what she is

Kitten was a saber tooth.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh yes.  My little warrior.  The leopard in my living room.  They have not forgotten their wild pasts, and if we do, we are fooling ourselves.  They are, ounce for ounce, apex predators.  Ultimate killing machines.  AND major purr factories.  What a privilege to be partnered with them!

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
My friends and I think Boris looks most resembles a lion.  The long mane helps!  He really looks like a giant fuzzy caterpillar with four stubby legs, but we're talking what big cat he looks like.

Diamond has such a thin face that I cannot envision what big cat he looks like.  More like a weasel.  A very cute weasel.

My new kitty, Sammy looks like a panther.  He is so sleek and silent, and moves with so much grace!

defanged

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Toki -  in appearence, behavior, movement and personality - is ALL lion.  Something about the way she slouches around, or mock bites, or just in the amazing way that she, 9 lbs soaking wet, not only isn't afraid of me, but actually stands up to me (sometimes I even get the sense that I'm being almost bullied... heheh). it's evolution mixed with domestication plus a liberal dose of biological magic.

ROWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

puddykat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our pet cats have many of the mannerisms of the larger cats, I think it all depends on the brred of the domestic cat as to what traits they show off but all cats in general do the same thing - hunt, sleep, protect, procreate.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hekitty has just informed me that she is "a PAMFER!!!  INNA JUNGEL!!!"