Lindt chocolates

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Got some Lindt Dark Truffles at the store just this afternoon.

And NO. I am not sharing.
Ooohh! Truffles! My aunt used to make her own, good pinpong ball sized ones, dipped multiple times (so somtimes dark on the inside, white on the outside, or milk/dark, etc), gotta ask her for the recipe. Used to put some strange stuff in the truffle part, like anise seed, cumin, passion fruit, once she made "sweet fish liver truffles"
said she got the idea from an Iron Chef episode. I wouldn't touch the stuff with a 3 ft stick, but everyone who tried one unknowingly was like "wow, what is this? tastes good!".

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't that always the way it is? You always think sombody else makes something better. A far as chocolates go, we brought back LEONIDAS from Belgium and have never had anything better.

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You definitely have to try the Lindt. I don't like dark chocolate, but they have lots of flavors of truffle (milk choc. is my fav.) If you have a LIndt store around, they usually pass out free samples while you're looking around. Great way to get a cheap fix!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lindt produces wonnnnnnnnnnnnnderful stuff, the higher the cocoa content the better. That it is readily available is most fortunate, as it means there's no need to go without the good stuff at all, ever

The best (IMHO) chocolate in the world, comes from here, a little shop on one of my main routes between home and work. He uses only the best, and produces amazing -- and very beautiful -- stuff. There are no mistakes in his shop. He's not cheap, but he's worth every penny.

There is little from the big North American producers that is worthy of attention, let alone comparison with either of these two, or anything of European origin.

What can I say? I'm a chocolate snob.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Lindt produces wonnnnnnnnnnnnnderful stuff, the higher the cocoa content the better. That it is readily available is most fortunate, as it means there's no need to go without the good stuff at all, ever

The best (IMHO) chocolate in the world, comes from here,
a little shop on one of my main routes between home and work. He uses only the best, and produces amazing -- and very beautiful -- stuff. There are no mistakes in his shop. He's not cheap, but he's worth every penny.

There is little from the big North American producers that is worthy of attention, let alone comparison with either of these two, or anything of European origin.

What can I say? I'm a chocolate snob.
I must say, these look pretty $%&!* good, they would go with this cup of coffee I am having right now while doing one of my favorite things of the day.

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This store, Truffle Treasures, is like three blocks away from me, sooooo .... occasionally I like to indulge on some of her wonderful truffles! Recently I've tried the chilli pepper chocolate truffle, it's so amazingly yummy! My friend works there so sometimes I get free samples . . .

Truffle Treasures

OMG ... I think i'll go down there right now!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm of the opinion that there's no such thing as bad chocolate. But, since I'm trying to lose weight, I go for the really, really good stuff when I do decide to indulge. I love Lindt, and Godiva, and Ghiardelli. I really love See's, too, when I'm somewhere that has it. (You can only usually get it in the Chicago area at Christmas time.)

Fran, the store you posted looks wonderful. I know where I'm going next time I'm in Vancouver!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

Fran, the store you posted looks wonderful. I know where I'm going next time I'm in Vancouver!
You could definitely do worse than pay him a visit. Even the shop is gorgeous.

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
See, everyone talks up this brand - the truffles are good, but nothing I'd go crazy about.

My favorite is Godiva, makes my mouth water!!

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone at work brought in some of the truffles last week and I thought they were excellent. I'm definately going to have to try some of their other products as well.

Bryan

miyas_mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry, but I just don't like Lindt chocolate. That is probably due to the fact that my father can get free Lindt chocolate truffles from his job. He comes home with bags full of them.

I prefer Cadbury, Maison du Chocolat, Godiva and See's.