limping

mmin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi. i have a 2.8 years old (reaching 3 this coming may) scottish fold male.

These past ~2 weeks, i have been noticing that he tends to have a random limp on his right hand/forefoot, especially after rest? but not immediately?
From what' ive noticed it tends to be sleep -> walks around for ~ 3 minute fairly normally-> starts limping for ~ 3-5 minutes -> normal again. his left hand and both rear legs are fine with no limp noticed

This limp does not come on daily or everytime he sleeps. In the past 1-2 weeks, i've seen it maybe 4 times.

When i try to move his right hand/ forefoot through range, he lets me bring it to full shoulder and elbow range without resisting me at all.
I've noticed that when he is limping and i try to engage him, he is still able to break into a full run and play with toys and the limp would only be more noticeable during his walking.

Does this sound like arthritis to you? :( although i know his breed is prone to arthritis, he's still so young..really hoping it isn't something too negative or chronic from here on like arthritis..

I am planning to bring him to the vet on friday but just wanted to have a heads up..

Thank you!

lollie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It could be several things. My cat has injured her leg muscle a couple of times. I will tell you that one of the things that helped the vet a lot was seeing video of her limping. She’s too scared to walk around at the vets, but I was able to grab some video of her walking so they could see what her issue was.