Limping Kitty - Pulled Muscle/sprain?

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi nglasure and welcome to the cat site. This is a really old thread and some of the people posting may no longer be active. I do not have personal experience with this issue myself to offer advice. My suggestion would be to start your own new thread for your cat's specific issue providing as much detail as you can. You can start a new thread by clicking on the start new thread button at the top of the health forum. I think you will get advice faster about this issue with a new thread of your own because it is easier for people to see the new thread then to go back through a really old one.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi nglasure and welcome to the cat site. This is a really old thread and some of the people posting may no longer be active. I do not have personal experience with this issue myself to offer advice. My suggestion would be to start your own new thread for your cat's specific issue providing as much detail as you can. You can start a new thread by clicking on the start new thread button at the top of the health forum. I think you will get advice faster about this issue with a new thread of your own because it is easier for people to see the new thread then to go back through a really old one.
The suggestion to start one's own thread is a good one, but this thread isn't "really old". It's only half a year old! I've seen people respond to threads a decade old... and still get help!
:hugs: :sunshine:

--- shout-out to C catlover1717

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The suggestion to start one's own thread is a good one, but this thread isn't "really old". It's only half a year old! I've seen people respond to threads a decade old... and still get help!
:hugs: :sunshine:

--- shout-out to C catlover1717
Thanks for the shout out. That is very true. Sometimes older threads can stay active for a long time but when I checked no one else had posted anything to this thread prior to today since January. Sometimes with the older threads the members posting in the original thread may not be actively posting currently. I always encourage new members to start their own new threads because sometimes the older ones will get burried if they are not active. Starting a brand new thread brings more attention to the users current issue. Plus I think it is helpful to new members to know how to start new threads just in case their current issue is not being actively discussed. If there is an older thread that is no longer currently active but has good advice for a current situation then I post a link to the old thread for the new member to look at it but encourage them to keep questions and comments in the new thread. I also seems to get random new PM's at odd hours from new members asking me about issues I have no experience with. Sometimes I may not see the PM for several hours on a work day. I encourage new threads in hopes that the random PM's for issues I know nothing about go into new threads to get fast answers versus sitting in my inbox when I am not online.

crunchie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How long did it end up taking for your kitty to heal up? I'm having a similar situation with mine atm.
Hello Nglasure, sorry for the delayed response, but I'm just seeing this now.
I don't really remember the exact time frame. But it was pretty much just like all the articles that I read. In all probably about 3 months until there was really no longer any concern. But of course there were variables along the way.
The hardest part was the first month or so when she really needed to be crated (I built her a small enclosure) to limit her movement. Over time as she began to heal she was given more space. After the enclosure she had the bedroom then finally access to the whole apartment. I live alone so I was able to adapt to her needs. They must not attempt any jumping or running during the healing process so I ended up taking my bed apart and just having the mattress on the floor. I also had a mattress that I was getting rid of so I was able to put that in the living room. I tried to eliminate any need or desire for jumping.
When she was first going in for surgery I thought how am I going to do this for 3 months. Looking back on it now it doesn't seem like it was all that bad and totally worth it.
Hope that helps, feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.