Limping cat - soft tissue damage

Mars1047

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi y’all my cat has been limping for around a week, maybe more, and she’s currently at the vet or on her way home. She’s been diagnosed with a soft tissue damage, no broken bones or fractures. We’ve also been giving her pain medicine, as well as glucosamine in her food. It’s kind of working but not exactly. Is she going to get better?? How can I help her??
thanks in advance!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How old is your cat? Which leg is it? A back leg issue could be a luxating patella. Senior cats more easily "tweak" a muscle doing normal activities like jumping and running.

One of my cats is having a similar issue. She does have a luxating patella in both knees. The vet has seen the videos and says it's a soft tissue injury that just needs rest for recovery. I asked about Cosequin but he said it would not help a soft tissue injury heal. My cat has been resting a lot more since the leg issue so getting her to rest is not an issue. A more active cat who is determined to run, jump, etc would have a longer recovery and may need to be put into a large kennel in order to keep from being too active.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mars1047

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How old is your cat? Which leg is it? A back leg issue could be a luxating patella. Senior cats more easily "tweak" a muscle doing normal activities like jumping and running.

One of my cats is having a similar issue. She does have a luxating patella in both knees. The vet has seen the videos and says it's a soft tissue injury that just needs rest for recovery. I asked about Cosequin but he said it would not help a soft tissue injury heal. My cat has been resting a lot more since the leg issue so getting her to rest is not an issue. A more active cat who is determined to run, jump, etc would have a longer recovery and may need to be put into a large kennel in order to keep from being too active.
It’s her right front paw and she’s abt 7 years. She just got home from the vet and we've got some new meds for her

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Crate rest, as hard on us as it is to see them unhappy and caged, it is the best way to heal a soft tissue injury.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mars1047

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! It’s been a while. We’ve been giving her medicine - glucosamine as well as a liquid that I don’t know the name of that help w pain and joints and they’ve been working but then wearing off and the limp has been present since I posted the first message in this thread. Any advice??