Lilly is a monster girl

lauren_miller

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pandora and Hurley both have been taking a lot of crud from Lilly. She's about 11 weeks old now. She is constantly chasing them down and tackling them and she bites them. Pandora usually tries to get away without doing anything back, Hurley just sits on Lilly and starts licking her. This little baby is a terror. It amazes me how good and tolerant my older kids are.

I've been feeling bad for Pandora lately. Lilly has been trying to dominate her and will take over all of her sleeping spots. Anytime Pandora lays down somewhere and falls asleep the baby tackles her and bites her till she moves. Pandora is usually my lap cat but she won't come near me very much if the baby is near by. I'm hoping Pandora will show the baby who's boss soon. I'd like my lap cat back!

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauren_miller

I'm hoping Pandora will show the baby who's boss soon. I'd like my lap cat back!
Yes that would be good - I had a guess about Pandora's purrsonality before I clicked on her "cat page" Well, my guess was right - she's a gentle kitty so it might take awhile for the disciplinarian in her to show up

merrytreecats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A kitten that young already being a bully? 11 weeks has in my experience been more of a playing age than one where cats get serious about dominating others. Sounds like she has an alpha personality. This is just something the two cats will have to sort out largely on their own, though. normally both will find their place and sort things out without too much violence, but I would keep an eye on them.

taryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It takes some cats time to stick up for themselves. Nuts used to bite Attitude so hard she'd cry(they are litter mates and were with mom, aunt, grandma and siblings past 12 weeks so they learned how to be cats and Nuts has always been like this he'd make his siblings cry when they were little and still together.) This went on for quite a while. Finally Attitude had enough and let Nuts know it wasn't going to happen anymore and she got the point across. Now Nuts only bites her after a bath and sometimes when she gets back from the vet so now it's scent related before it would be out of the blue.

They'll work it out. Paul kept wanting to intervene and Attitude and Nuts but I told him they had to work it out for themselves and I'm sure Attitude would eventually get sick of it and stand up for herself.

Looks like this is going to have to happen here. Attitude is more of a laid back cat when it comes to her brother, anyone else and she'd set them straight right off the bat. She isn't named Attitude for nothing.

Taryn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lauren_miller

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by merrytreecats

A kitten that young already being a bully? 11 weeks has in my experience been more of a playing age than one where cats get serious about dominating others. Sounds like she has an alpha personality. This is just something the two cats will have to sort out largely on their own, though. normally both will find their place and sort things out without too much violence, but I would keep an eye on them.
She is definitely being a bully and sometimes she's really aggressive. Her ears go down and the look in her eye changes and she just grabs Pandora and bites her to the point Pandora is screaming. It really freaks me out.

She was biting us from day one and I am worried she is going to be really bad. She bites extremely hard and nothing we've done so far has gotten her to stop.

Lately I've regretted bringing her home. I feel so guilty she's so mean to the other cats. My husband thinks she's hilarious... I don't. Her sweet moments are few and very far in between.