Light vaginal bleeding?

Peaches&Mango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all, I’m worried about my female cat.
I have noticed she is bleeding a little from her vagina. I first noticed a spot of browny blood like discharge on the windowsill yesterday and I thought it may be something else so cleaned it up without a second thought.
Today I noticed a spot on the back of the sofa and immediately checked all the cats.
I realised it was her as she had a little of the blood around her vagina, the same browny colour.
It is not a lot of blood, no odour and doesn’t seem in constant flow. She is also otherwise acting absolutely normal, eating, drinking, going to the toilet etc. She is acting like when she is in heat though, so was wondering if it’s just vaginal bleeding from that, as some articles online suggest they can bleed when in heat but I’ve personally never seen her have a period as such.

Not sure if it’s also worth noting she had kittens 3 and a half months ago, so I don’t know if that has changed anything as it was her first litter. She was vet checked throughout the pregnancy (with clean bill of health) and has been vet checked twice since having the kittens too, and the vet said she was in excellent health and they didn’t have any concerns post pregnancy.
She is booked in to be spayed, though she doesn’t have any chance of getting pregnant again until then since our male has been neutered since and all our cats are indoors, so it’s not pregnancy. I also know her urine has no visible presence of blood, nor her stools. I plan on ringing the vets Monday morning to book an appointment, but I’m just cautious that this could be serious and would like some opinions on if she should go to the emergency vet. I read it could be a UTI.
She has cleaned herself since I last checked and there isn’t any blood there now but I am on edge

Not sure if I should just keep an eye on her or take immediate action

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Could it just be anal gland secretions? Usually the secretions have a really randcid odor but sometimes it doesn't have much of one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Peaches&Mango

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Could it just be anal gland secretions? Usually the secretions have a really randcid odor but sometimes it doesn't have much of one.
Not experienced that before so not sure? It looked like it was definitely from her vagina though. Sounds gruesome, but I did a sniff test near her back end and can’t smell anything at all. She’s generally a very clean cat.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Give the vet a call and ask just for piece of mind :) Maybe take a picture of the secretions and send that to the vet too.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If she's not spayed, my first thought is a uterine infection that could be fatal. Please get her to the vet ASAP.