Life’s Abundance - Question

patti511

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all.... in my never ending quest for the perfect food, I came across Life’s Abundance. I ordered a sample of kibble and received one that is not grain free. I gave it to them anyway just to try and they liked it. I called the company and was told they were out of grain-free samples. I ordered a bag of the grain free kibble. The shape and consistency is different than the one with grain. They don’t care for it. My question: is it really necessary to feed grain free?
Why is nothing ever easy?!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Depending on the ingredients in the other, "grained" food, I personally have deliberately avoided grain-free at times.
In my opinion, I don't think grain-free is always the best answer, particularly when the cats won't eat it.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi all.... in my never ending quest for the perfect food,

You can stop looking because there is no "perfect" commercially available cat food:dunno: Most brands have something that makes it not quite so perfect, perhaps veggies or gums or questionable supplements. You just have to choose the best quality food with minimal "junk" that your cat will eat and you can easily find in local stores or order online.

Rawz is pretty close to "perfect" but it's pricey: RAWZ | 100% Rendered Free Cat Food It's not sold online.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It depends on your cat. I agree that grain free isn't always better since they usually just replace it with other starches. My 17 year old girl who just passed was losing a lot of weight on grain free foods and lost her appetite, so I have her a "cheap" food and it helped a lot. It gave me several more months with her that I may not have had otherwise.

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Rawz is pretty close to "perfect" but it's pricey: RAWZ | 100% Rendered Free Cat Food It's not sold online.
Clarification: It is sold online through a handful (currently nine) of Rawz's authorized retailers that have brick-and-mortar locations, which are listed on the Rawz website. I buy Rawz by the case from one of those authorized retailers.

I agree that it's close to "perfect" ... and that it's pricey! :)