Life’s Abundance Food

AK3025

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any thoughts on Life’s Abundance cat food??

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
The wet has got chicken and guar gum, so my IBS buddy can’t try it. Would love to know what “dog grass” is. But I like the general preamble.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
The wet has got chicken and guar gum, so my IBS buddy can’t try it. Would love to know what “dog grass” is. But I like the general preamble.
So funny but I've actually heard people call wheat grass & other varieties of pet friendly grass "dog grass"..... sheesh,even "cat grass" is really just grass that's non toxic,safe for cats n dogs.... isn't that funny?

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to order their chick/turkey canned food several years ago, it was one of the few foods both of my cats would eat with gusto. I had to stop feeding it bc one of my cats was allergic to fish (the shrimp in the food). I may give it another try though with my one remaining cat, although it's currently out of stock. I totally forgot about this brand, thanks for posting the question. I like that the canned food does not have any peas or starchy veggies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AK3025

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I used to order their chick/turkey canned food several years ago, it was one of the few foods both of my cats would eat with gusto. I had to stop feeding it bc one of my cats was allergic to fish (the shrimp in the food). I may give it another try though with my one remaining cat, although it's currently out of stock. I totally forgot about this brand, thanks for posting the question. I like that the canned food does not have any peas or starchy veggies.
What signs of allergies did you cat show? I’ve heard of this food several times lately, but it’s seems it’s sold as part of an MLM.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A lot of breeders use it, mine did and I fed my girl that exclusively for the first few months until she got tired of it and refused it completely.

It's not bad, but the company has been accused of being a mid-level marketing model. I don't disagree as you can't purchase it in any stores. Some breeders will even put it in their contract that you must feed that food (and buy it from them too) or their contract becomes void. My breeder just suggested the food as she feels her cats benefited from it.

"Multi-level marketing (MLM) is a business model that involves selling products directly to consumers while also recruiting additional sales representatives. MLMs are also known as referral marketing, network marketing, direct marketing, or pyramid selling.
The main idea behind MLM is to promote a maximum number of distributors for the product and exponentially increase the sales force. MLMs often appeal to new recruits with promises of wealth and independence.
The revenue of an MLM company comes from a non-salaried workforce selling the company's products or services. Independent distributors are rewarded both for sales and for recruiting more distributors.
The major difference between MLM and a traditional pyramid or Ponzi scheme is having an actual product for sale. If you're handing over actual products to actual customers, even if you're trying to recruit some of those customers to be your salespeople, you're likely on the right side of the law.
However, most people who join legitimate MLMs make little or no money, and some of them lose money. In some cases, people believe they've joined a legitimate MLM, but it turns out to be an illegal pyramid scheme that steals everything they invest and leaves them deeply in debt"