Licking after shower?

magycmyste

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, at the moment, I think this is just cute, but as I've never heard of this kind of behavior from a cat before, I have to ask.

So when I get out of the shower in the morning, Cleopatra rubs herself against my legs before they start drying (this I'm not as surprised at, except the fact that she doesn't move away as soon as she realizes I'm wet, and by rubbing herself against me, she gets wet, too). But in addition to that, she's started licking my legs as well!

It tickles more than anything else, especially with her sandpapery little cat tongue, but I was just curious if anyone has any reason I should really try to stop this behavior, aside from comfort level. She's not taking in anything but water, since I rinse pretty thoroughly, especially since I discovered this, but still... Normally, I just pick her up after a minute or so, especially since it's hard to walk with her constantly staying in front of my legs.

fiery

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Naw, that's fine. ^_^ My kitties do something similar, but after rubbing on me, they jump into the shower and lick the water from the floor. Something about the taste, the freshness, draws them to it, I think.

I wouldn't stop it, but I haven't had any problems!

sport

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Seriously,
Me little Sport does the same thing. He is 7 weeks old. At first, I thought, don't you care that you're all wet kitty ? But he does not. He licks the water off of my legs with his tiny sandpaper tongue...it tickles..hehe, but it is definitely very cute. No worries mt friend, it sounds to me like you have a cute, active, healthy little girl there. Best of luck to you and your Cleopatra.

Peace, Love and Tie Dye
Rob asnd Sport

annah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One of my cats (Yoda) does the same thing. I think its fairly normal.. well a little odd, but then that just adds to the character of the cat doesn't it! I don't think its anything to worry about.

Given half the chance, several of our cats will jump in to the shower after its been used.. maybe its the warmth that attracts them?

georgespal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
George also loves to give me a taste after I've had a shower, or even just after I wash my hands. I call them his kitty-kisses so that must mean he really loves me!

kkh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was almost gonna post a similar thread, my cat also does that, too!

My baby-cat always comes to bathroom right after I get out from shower.
She rubs her face against my arm, legs...wherever is exposed that she can reach, also sniffs around & licks.

Besides that's soooo cute, I wonder if she meant "Mommy, you don't smell good. Let me give you a nice perfume - LICK - there you go"...

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sebastian always comes into the bathroom as soon as I turn the shower water off. It's like a cue, or the sound of the shower curtain opening brings him in no matter what he's doing. It is so cute. He'll meow and meow and demand attention. He'll jump up on me and rub and lick. He's so silly.

eric olson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I actually have a bar stool in the bathroom for my cat to do this. At first I thought it was weird and I jumped thinking the cat bit me or something. I realized my cat was trying to help me dry off and also drink, instead of stopping this behavior I actually let him lick me off every morning and he enjoys it. He also drinks water from the shower floor :)