Levi's Pancreiatitis

rangie32

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So a couple weeks ago I had Levi's blood work repleted. I was expecting good results as all of his symptoms are gone. He is eating well, putting on weight and no longer pooping on the floor. Well I was wrong about the blood work. His Pancreatic enzyme level was higher than it had been before. The vet suggested feeding him a prescription food for diabetic cats. I couldn't figure out how to keep him out of the other food in the house. Well I had an idea last night and now I want to change his food, but I want to make sure he is on the best food for his condition. Does anyone have any knowledge about this, or know where I can research what food to feed him.

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

So a couple weeks ago I had Levi's blood work repleted. I was expecting good results as all of his symptoms are gone. He is eating well, putting on weight and no longer pooping on the floor. Well I was wrong about the blood work. His Pancreatic enzyme level was higher than it had been before. The vet suggested feeding him a prescription food for diabetic cats. I couldn't figure out how to keep him out of the other food in the house. Well I had an idea last night and now I want to change his food, but I want to make sure he is on the best food for his condition. Does anyone have any knowledge about this, or know where I can research what food to feed him.
That's great that Levi is eating well and putting on weight! Was this the special Spec fPL blood test? Or in-house routine blood work? How high was it before and how high is it now?

Sebastian has chronic pancreatitis, and I find that easily digestible foods work best - grain free, low carb, limited ingredients, canned or homemade diet. He does better with single proteins. You want to take any strain off the system.