Letting Kittens Play In Seperate Bedroom?

gingerbaby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I am a new cat mom. I just adopted two 5 month kittens last week. They are both skittish but respond to play time activities before bedtime and when they wake up. Problem is they are still only allowed in one bedroom of my home since they are still new and still get scared by certain things. Their litter box and food are all in my bedroom along with plenty of toys and cat trees. During the night they are still very active from 9pm-11ish pm and 2am-5am. PLus they have a tendency to play with their litter boxes since they are still getting used to it. AM I a bad cat mom to just sleep in another room until they have more access to the rest of the house due to the playing and the litter box smell (they tend to go to the bathroom mostly at night)? I interact a lot with them during feeding and play times but I worry about being able to get up for work? I hope I am not a bad mom for asking this or wanting to sleep. Thanks any points or advice would be great :)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
You are absolutely entitled to a night's sleep which is difficult to get with two kittens, so sure, sleep elsewhere and let them entertain themselves. Or move them to the other bedroom and sleep in your own bed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingerbaby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
aw thank you i was getting nervous that it would affect my relationship with them since they are still very skittish but yay thats great i can let them just run around for now while i sleep. I know with time they will calm down.

FelinskiFamily

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Don't worry, they don't need you all the time, you should get rest. People foster kittens in their spare bathrooms when no other rooms are available. They are cosy, fed, warm and cared for. Sleep alone until they start to behave at night, don't feel guilty.

FelinskiFamily

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
aw thank you i was getting nervous that it would affect my relationship with them since they are still very skittish but yay thats great i can let them just run around for now while i sleep. I know with time they will calm down.
They will, my one-year-old never bothers us at night any more, and it stopped so gradually I never even noticed until I adopted a new kitten, who won't let us sleep and bites our feet at night... but I have no spare bedrooms (no spare rooms at all actually) at the moment so I can't lock her out.