kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you are looking for a way to keep a litle piece of smudge before he passes, i might consider making a small pillow with his name on it, and when you fill the pillow, put his fur inside. that way, when you hug the little pillow, you're hugging a part of him. I'm so sorry he's ill, he is a beautiful cat- but he knows he's loved.

mercymanic

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just wanted you to know I'm still thinking of you and poor little Smudge. I hope you are doing okay and that Smudge is warm and comfortable.

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kim, it's hard, I know... especially when they're so young. There are two momentums of Belle's I have. One is my fondest memory of her.... when she'd lay on me, and just purr away as I stroked her. The other, is her favorite blanket. Everytime I see it, I remember her. I can still see her little face. And you'll feel the same about Smudge. I'll tell you now, that after's he's gone to the best place ever possible, you will have bad thoughts go through your head..... but don't listen to them. Don't. They're wrong. What you're doing for him shows how much you love and care for him.

I'll tell you one thing that really helped me when we put Belle down. I was sitting on the couch, still crying, and I was telling my mom how I pictured her with my grandma stroking her, in her arms. My mom told me, "Maybe she's in the arms of Jesus." From that moment on, I felt so much better. I still miss her like crazy, I still love her with all my heart, I still wish she was here, but maybe she's in the arms of Jesus. That alone is comfort for me.

Sending hugs and prayers to you, your family, and dear Smudge.

Cassie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For anyone who wasn't following the Smudge thread in the Cat Lounge I posted this today:

It is with a very heavy heart that I type this. Smudge will be going to the Bridge today. He's not eaten since Friday, or possibly Thursday, and we've been force feeding him. He's not liking that one bit, and it's just inhumane to continue. We're going to let him spend his last day in peace with Elsa on the couch with no icky medicine or syringe forced between his little teeth.

It'll be about 5:00 our time. Think of us please, and I'll let everyone know when it is done.

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We knew it was coming, but I'm still so sorry to hear about it.
I'll be thinking of you today.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have posted elsewhere but just to say again how sorry I am and how calmly and bravely you have taken it all. You are a lesson to us all in fortitude.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kim - we are all so sorry
I weep as i read this but no words of mine will help your heavy heart I am sure. So instead of words you have our thoughts and love

stay strong smudge, be brave and travel safely little one

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
You are doing the right thing, but it doesn't make it any less heartbreaking. Smudge, you and your family will be in my thoughts tonight. There will be many beloved TCS kitties waiting for him on the other side, helping to guide him through.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is a beautiful, white candle burning brightly on my mantle this evening for your dear Smudge in the hopes it will help light his journey to the Bridge.

Kim ... what I did when I lost my dearest of dears two years ago now (gosh, where has the time gone!) was to have her cremated. I keep her cremains in a beautiful Siamese cat Urn my husband purchased for her in a place of honor in my home. That way, she is always close by to me.

Sending peaceful light and healing hugs,

Gaye Flagg

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kim, I'm so sorry! You have my thoughts and prayers as you bid your sweetie farewell. Be gentle with yourself.

RIP Sweet Smudge

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Kim,

I know that painful decision. When Petunia was being force-fed, it seemed more like I was torturing her than prolonging her life.

We will miss little Smudge and cry with you. Hugs to you and your family.

Jana

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kim, I'm so sorry that little Smudge's time was short on this earth. But his time will be long in your heart, and in the hearts of so many here whose lives he touched.

I'm lighting a candle for him as well. You and your family are in my thoughts.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good bye Smudge.
Ari and I will miss you and those beautiful eyes. Maybe you and Alexander (who crossed a year ago) can play.

To Kim and her family -

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Kim, I am so sorry for you and your family. Condolences at this difficult time! Smudge was so very special, and it is only right that people and kitties across the globe are mourning his loss along with you.

Major cyber hugs to you!

Rest in peace, sweet Smudge. You are a healthy kitten again, full of energy, over that bridge. I'm sure Mattie and all the other Rainbow Bridge will show you around!