Letterbox Recommendations

greenqueen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all.

I have 2 cats and 3 litterboxes. They're pretty big with lids on them.

One of my cats is normal size and the other is quite large with long long legs.

We felt like the tall cat was squished with the lid on the box, so we tried taking it off and he seemed much more comfortable. Unfortunately litter spread much worse and the smaller cat started rolling around in the litter box.

I'm hoping for suggestions on a litter box that will have room for my big cat, but won't allow my smaller cat to roll around in it.

I was looking at a box without a lid, but with a litter shield, but I worry my smaller cat could still roll around in that.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It sounds like you are in one of those catch 22 situations.

My cat also have very long legs (well very long everything) and we have had the same problem with litterbox size. Although none of mine like to roll in their box. I would think that any you get that is large enough for the one to use comfortably will also be large enough for the other to roll in.

We used this one

when my boy was on crate rest. They larger litterboxes simply wouldn't fit in his crate and the smaller ones he kept missing the box. It worked well for the time we needed it. I will point out two issues. The first being that he would sometimes get stuff on the shield itself so we had to clean the shield often. The second being that the shield didn't seem to hold onto the base well; we ended up drilling some holes and putting pins through the holes to hold them together better.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
What about getting a Rubbermaid container? You could get it in any size or shape you want, take the lid on or off. You could use a box cutter to make either a top entrance or a side entrance.