Let's see some senior kitties!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Doesn't matter of you've posted it before or not; Sammi was so gorgeous that there could never be enough photos. The orange colouration seems absolutely luminous - as though it were lit from within by some unseen flame. Good Heavens, what a beautiful kitty.
Thank you so much! Sammi was a brown patched tabby Maine Coon man, and when I first saw him, I couldn't believe such a cat actually existed! Golden and glowing - you said it.
IMG_1808.JPG

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just in an emotional state right now thinking about how much Zsa Zsa and I have been through together. I read another post about someone adopting an 18 year old bonded pair that someone surrendered. How does someone abandon a companion of almost 2 decades? Zsa Zsa is my little buddy and we are so bonded, nothing could make me abandon her. I just don't understand. I like to see pictures of everyone else's life long companions, a cat's love is a certain kind of devotion that you can't find anywhere else. Your kitties are so beautiful!
There are many reasons to surrender, sometimes with a heavy heart. I hope you can manage to avoid ever doing that, but, sometimes life intervenes. One example is an elderly lady who had to go into nursing care, and could not take her long-loved pug dog with her. The choice of new home came down to me, with all my cats, or another elderly lady, who, I think needed her more, so that's where the dog went. Sometimes people lose their homes and can't find a cat-friendly new place to live.

Almost all of my cats are shelter kitties, all self-surrendered by their owners, including Great Great Grandma (aka Lauren Bacall), below, who, as her name suggests is in the senior category. Here she sits atop some mini-greenhouses, heated to sprout palm tree seeds.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People in a lot of societies suffer from what I've heard called "ageism" -- they put people (and others) into niches by age, and some are acceptable while others aren't. I'm fortunate to come from a background in which elders are honored, respected, and deferred to as the wisdom keepers. To me, that applies to cats as well as everyone else!
IMG_0084.JPG

Our beloved Rani Queen, who ascended at 19, taking a good part of my heart with her.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Indeed. I now have a new favorite cat color word. Thank you for the vocab and compliments!
I advocate for cats online every day, and in so doing, I try to make the posts for each one interesting and attractive, the better to attract potential excellent adopters. So there is "brightstriped" for orange/red tabbies, "coolstriped" for grey/black tabbies, and "tawnystriped" for brown tabbies, along with "tigret" for all tabbies. :runningcat: