Let's see some foliage pics!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's my favorite time of year! :Autumn Tree:

We headed north into the White Mountains of New Hampshire this past weekend and some saw really nice foliage.

It certainly doesn't look like that near me yet and our colors don't get as brilliant as they do up north. :nod:

What does it look like near you? Let's see some foliage pics. :D

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Gorgeous.  I've heard the aspens are looking great, but I won't probably get up there.  Meanwhile, it has been so windy here on the Front Range (Denver) that the leaves are blowing off as soon as they change.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those pictures are so pretty.  Nothing has started to change here.  We still had summer like weather until about a week ago.  We are just now beginning to get fall like weather with the cool nights.  I am wondering if that means color change will be later than usual.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Here's Sophie posing with the palm tree outside the living room window. Does that count?

Our area is also very well known for hibiscus. They are everywhere

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I actually wouldn't like to live somewhere where there aren't 4 distinct seasons.  Of course I don't like it when winter is particularly brutal like it was 3 years ago.  Most of our winters aren't nearly that brutal though.  Of course with climate change who knows what will happen.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I actually wouldn't like to live somewhere where there aren't 4 distinct seasons.  Of course I don't like it when winter is particularly brutal like it was 3 years ago.  Most of our winters aren't nearly that brutal though.  Of course with climate change who knows what will happen.
I can understand that but I don't miss Fall or Winter. Fall meant raking thousands of leaves. It also was a daily reminder that winter was approaching. One flake of snow is one too many for me. It's also the shoveling, the black ice, driving in it, dealing with those who DON'T know how to drive in it, the slush, the bitter cold. I'll take the lack of seasons. Yup- for sure. I think I need to move to Hawaii next. 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
we are in northeast nh. Its just starting to turn color. Will take some photos on the ride home. I usually snap pictures of the maple trees along the highway. those are starting to turn. the woods behind my house are mostly yellows. it only lasts for a short week then blink and it's gone. This is my favorite time of year.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Very nice! We don't get our red leaves until next month. I'll post some pictures too when I can.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got some from a few years ago. This one is my front yard. The ash, the yellow tree on the right, is now gone, a victim of the emerald ash borer.

The following is my street, lined with ashes. Some of them are gone, too.

My next-door neighbor made this display of pumpkins.

My daughter-in-law has sent several pics from Colorado of the golden aspens, but they are on Instragram, and I can't figure out how to transfer the photos to my computer. Email doesn't seem to work.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Beautiful pictures! Just beautiful!

We didn't see any color like that in Vermont. The trees are just starting to change.....we think in about a week or so, peak will be up there. 

Around here, the drought is still going strong and we don't have much in the way of color. Our black walnut tree is losing its leaves; it's the first to lose leaves in the fall and the last to get leaves come spring.

@DreamerRose, we are losing our ash tree, too, and it's so sad for us. We planted that ash tree when it was nothing more than a 3-foot stick many, many years ago and it was just a gorgeous tree til the ash borer showed up. It's not completely dead, but it is dying. Such a shame. 

I do have some pictures from a few years ago and will post them this weekend.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

Here's Sophie posing with the palm tree outside the living room window. Does that count?

Our area is also very well known for hibiscus. They are everywhere

Of course it counts, especially with the beautiful Sophie. :D

We live in pine and oak tree country and there are very few trees around here whose leaves change color.  This is our fall foliage Central California style--the bougainvillea tree losing its blooms.  :)

It looks pretty though! :lol3:

I've got some from a few years ago. This one is my front yard. The ash, the yellow tree on the right, is now gone, a victim of the emerald ash borer.

The following is my street, lined with ashes. Some of them are gone, too.

My next-door neighbor made this display of pumpkins.

My daughter-in-law has sent several pics from Colorado of the golden aspens, but they are on Instragram, and I can't figure out how to transfer the photos to my computer. Email doesn't seem to work.
Very nice! :clap:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
@Kat0121, Miss Sophie is  gorgeous! 
Does this count? It's a centerpiece that I used for a family dinner early one November. Some mini pumpkins, a couple potatoes, some walnuts from our black walnut tree, and some lavender (or maybe it's a bit of thyme....I forget). I needed something else, so I think I threw an onion in there, too. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
@Kat0121
, Miss Sophie is gorgeous! :nod:

A tree in our front yard. Not from this year, a few years ago. When it was just a little thing, our neighbor was trying to grow it and it wasn't doing well. He was going to tear it out and burn it. Rick told him we'd buy it from him, so he just gave it to us. It's gorgeous! And now the neighbor always comes over to tell us how pretty it is. He's sorry he gave it to us.

Does this count? It's a centerpiece that I used for a family dinner early one November. Some mini pumpkins, a couple potatoes, some walnuts from our black walnut tree, and some lavender (or maybe it's a bit of thyme....I forget). I needed something else, so I think I threw an onion in there, too. :lol3:

Very pretty! :clap:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
No other foliage pics? We are going to have a huge wind storm today that will pretty much wipe out the rest of the foliage.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We haven't yet reached peak in NJ where I am. And yesterday was very rainy with a lot of heavy wind.  Today much of the same.  Not sure how this will impact the tree color. We have one tree in front of the house which turns bright yellow - this year so far it's a kind of brown and still has a lot of green and we're nearly end October.  

Anyway here's a couple of pix shot the past week or so.  

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It's still too early here. We don't get the really pretty autumn colours until mid-November.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background

This is in my back yard. A small maple that we will be letting it get bigger. We have cut down many of the smaller trees but this time I'm going to spray paint on the trunks of the trees I want to keep. The leaves fell off a few days ago.

I've got tons of photos on my phone. Will try to upload a few every day. Most were taken driving home from work.