Let's See Everyone's Shelter Kitties!

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Here's Usva. She was abandoned in a forest as a baby with her siblings in 1999. The kittens were rescued by my sisters friend, as we learned a few years later. She got a home, but was returned to the shelter in 2000, because the familys older cat couldn't stand her. From there she moved to live with us. She got the cat flu and heat the second day she was with us and I had taken a nasty fall that nearly broke my neck with my bike a few days before, so we were sick together, side by side 24/7 for the first two weeks. We've been inseparable ever since, aguess she's the cat of my life. She was very insecure at first, but gained a lot more confidence within a year.

Milla was abandoned with her mother and brother or her mother was abandoned and had kittens afterwards, I'm not sure. She wasn't taken to the city shelter, she had the luck of finding a private foster home. Her mother Inessa also got a new home, the foster home wanted to keep her brother Ralle themselves. We adopted her as a 15 week old kitten in 2003. She immediately charmed us all: My sister was living with us at the time and she still tries to steel sweet Milla from me. She isn't really as fat as she looks in the picture.

louse76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We had been living in no-pets apartments for 2 years. When we finally bought our house in 2003, we went to the SPCA of Central Florida "just to look" and we found Zero. The last of his litter, he was just too cute to pass up now that we had a home to offer.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by batgirl2good

How old is she now?
Oh, I'm sorry I didn't answer - I didn't see this. I just looked it up, and she was 14 on Jan 8, 2004. So I think we'll celebrate her 16th birthday on Jan 8, 2006!

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Oh my goodness look at those ears!!!
Haha! I know! She's grown into them a bit now, she was so thin when I got her that they looked even bigger!