Let's Play Fetch!

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else have a cat who loves fetch?

Sinbad will bring his ball up to my husband (I will do in a pinch, but he prefers to play this game with darling hubby), meowing loudly with his mouth full of toy, and drop the ball at hubby's feet. Hubby throws it ... Sinbad charges after it excitedly, knocks it around for a bit, then brings it back for more.

It's horribly cute, but I don't think I've ever seen a cat playing fetch before.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I was a kid we had a cat who played fetch for a whole evening, all the while wearing a rather puzzled expression. I swear he was thinking 'I'm sure cats don't do this....?' :lol3: He never did it again!

Shadow used to play 'tennis'. He'd get on the bed, we'd throw a foil ball to him and he'd bat it back to us with both paws. It was a daily ritual when he was younger.

Asha will play catch with me sometimes - catching a toy in her front paws. Very cute :heart3:

I'd love to have a fetch playing cat - they could maybe teach the labrador how to do it :lol3: :rolleyes:

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
My Freya used to play fetch with herself. She was polydactyl so would pick up a ball, toss it and chase after it. She'd keep herself busy like that for hours.