Let's find some positives in all of this.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I cam across a facebook post asking people to post at least one positive thing that has come from Covid-19. We can't change what's going on, but we can try to stay positive and find things to look forward to, to keep our sanity.
I'm going to start with a few...

Now that I'm not working....I can let my nails grow and wear nail polish! I'm going to give myself a nice manicure some evening (next week), when my nails have grown in a bit.😃

This may not seem exciting to most but I'm finally going to have ample time to REORGANIZE!!!!:woohoo:My storage room and crawl space have been calling too me in my sleep giving me nightmares it's that bad. :redtongue: But not for long!!!!

My poor hands will hopefully get some much needed healing time, so when I go back to work they don't hurt all the time.

My husband and I can have a few date nights and catch up on several movies we've been meaning to watch.

Well that's it so far...but I know there are more things to look forward to...even simple little things.
How about you?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Pollution levels are so much lower this year thanks to travel restrictions and factories being temporary closed.

The two months of pollution reduction, Burke calculates, has probably saved the lives of 4,000 children under 5 and 73,000 adults over 70 in China. That's significantly more than the current global death toll from the virus itself.

New Evidence Shows How COVID-19 Has Affected Global Air Pollution

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have had several long, wonderful and intense discussions with both of my sons, who tend to be somewhat uncommunicative. Rather than the usual, "How are you? Oh good, I'm fine, but very busy. Yes, keep in touch," we're really talking about things that matter again.

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This will definitely teach us how valuable our health is. My husband and I just got over a two-week flu, it was totally miserable, even though he got it in the lungs a lot worse than me. I shudder to think that an even worse one may be around the corner, I really don't want to go through that again!

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
The penguins at the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago are taking field trips around the aquarium. With the aquarium closed to humans, penguins take opportunity to explore and visit other animals

I also think this will eventually make people more prepared, more local and more sustainable. The other day I realized how wasteful we had become. We roasted a chicken for dinner and then boiled the bones to make chicken stock. I’m excited to learn how to make the most of my resources rather than buy more and throw away.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The best silver lining I've seen is people coming together to help each other. I've gotten emails or Facebook posts from all the groups I belong to and the neighborhood I live in offering to help anyone in need. I haven't seen such generosity of spirit in a long, long time. As individuals we get so wrapped up in our own routines and schedules we forget about others.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Dreamerose this is true! On my Nextdoor app people were posting their willingness to help people in this time of need. Everything from shopping to daycare (no charge) to exchanging childcare, the list of things that people are willing to do to help their fellow humans is amazing to me. I guess you could say it’s restored some of my faith in humanity! ❤💕🌎

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it bad for me to say that this may finally help lower the cost of living, even if just in the short term? I don't know about you guys but there are several markets where by the values are way over-inflated.
Of course I don't want small businesses to lose out and go under, but it would be nice if things evened out a bit all around.

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's pretty cool, but it seems they are only offering this until the end of May....so I better get my reading in while it lasts!!!
Wonder where I'll start....:think:
Hint: a person could allegedly get almost any article for free all the time from sci hub (google it because the address changes). I can't honestly say that it's legal, but I also can't confirm or deny that 100% of scientists use it all the time...;)

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At my work all the sales guys are working from home, the Boss is interstate so I have had the whole place to myself.
It has been great but gets creepy as it is a huge warehouse and any little noise gets amplified so I am jumping out of my skin by the end of the day. Going to set up one of our big sound systems and rock the house down today so I don't get the creeps.
Yesterday I booby trapped the sales managers desk ( he and I are always practical joking each other,) stuck the hand piece of his phone to the base so when he picks it up he lifts the whole lot and hopefully wacks himself on the head, unscrewed his drawers so when he opens them they fall apart, and taped a large plastic spider to his data lead for his laptop then put a bit of paper over the top, he will squeal like a girl..lol.
Cant think of anything else to do to him at the moment.
Anyway, that's some of my positives and having a bit of fun at the same time.