lethargy from shots

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sicy you also can ask if you can just trop Saki off at the vet on you way to work and pick him up when you go back at home and then go by your next time when you have the appointment there with the other shot . Then you don't have to pay a the extra vet visit for him I belive .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rfox

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
you know, its not worth your cat getting sick to save a few bucks.

If I could do it again I would have the shots separately. This is
the first time amber has hissed at me! I tried to roll her in a towel but the d*ddam thing is just too small and she runs under the bed. I had to pull her out by her legs. Thats when she hissed.

so I get a blanket. I had to give her a final dose of pain meds today and she was SOOOO unpset. she didnt even like it when I picked her up to carry her, and this was before she knew what was going on. She had those meows that were loud and urgent, and muffled growls.

she is under the bed now. I hope she is just upset with me and not in any pain.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She hissed at you because pulling a cat by their rear legs or tail, causes them some discomfort and you hurt her inadvertently. Next time, wait for her to come out from under the bed and then give her the rest of the medication. For now, just leave her be and let her decompress. If she is hiding from you, don't go peering after her just leave her alone. She will come out a lot quicker if she doesn't feel so threatened. I am sorry she got so ill- but glad she is doing better. She'll forgive you it will just take some time.

rfox

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I didnt know that pulling their back legs could hurt them. I HAD to get her out because the vet told me the pain meds they gave her lasted for 24 hours and I was to give her the last dose at about 10 am. I didnt want her to start feeling pain before giving her that last dose.

I know I will let her come out on her own. I hate this!!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know you were in a bit of a panic and did not mean to hurt and scare her. Sit by her hiding place and read out loud quietly to her. Use your most soothing voice, and then just leave. Leave behind a bowl of tasty treats, like some mashed sardines with a little oil. She has been through so much and she picks up your stress level as well. Once she feels safe, she will come out of hiding. What you did was an involuntary reaction to the situation. It just scared her is all, she is used to you being her friend. It's to bad we can't let them know that we are trying to help them, but they rely on basic instinct that when threatened, they flee.

rfox

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She has come back out! I opened the windows and there she was on the stairs...she chirped and rubbed my legs, and I sat in front of the window and brushed her. I gave her some wet tuna Fancy Feast. I will have to get some sardines. that sounds good (for amber
) i will have to get some fig newtons as well. she likes the strawberry kind.

Sicy, when he is available, yes, I have him help me. But try waking up a guy that was out all night watching the Cubs play

I shouldve held her better, that way she wouldnt have gotten away and i wouldnt have had to pull her out in the first place. Maybe I will take her in the spare bedroom next time...its basically an empty box

thanks for the info and support guys!