Length of hair?

fidola

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I may have posted this to an incorrect forum previously. My question is how to tell what the eventual hair length will be when mom & dad aren't available to view.

Gracie is 6 mos old and has a big fluffy tail, tufts of hair between toes , long ear hairs and weird sprouts of longish hair on her body [emoji]128514[/emoji] If anyone can make an experienced guess I'd love to hear it.

Last edited by a moderator:

smudgersmum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking long hair , she looks just like my 6 month old kitten angel , and my vet said semi long hair

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She will count as a long hair regardless.  too much too long to be a modest mediumhair.   :)

Did I said sweet?  Yeah, she is.

ps.  On the second pic it looks medianish, but I think on the first pic its clearly longish....  :)    And much.

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The gene is the same, semi and long, as I know.   Next question is why some get medium but others long.  I suspect there may be some other gene moderating.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fidola

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. I was kind of hoping she wouldn't be too long hair due because of the extra care but she is a cute ragamuffin!! And she's the sweetest girl. Tolerates me trimming her nails and brushing (sometimes [emoji]128569[/emoji])!!

Smudgersmom your little one is precious. Does she have any faint stripes? Gracie as very faint darker gray stripes that can only be seen from a certain angle in a certain light. He brother was a tiger w black n brown coloring.
Medium to long hair. If I can offer some advice - get her used to daily combing (no brush) now while she is young.
I've got a slicker brush but I don't know that I've seen a cat comb before. My previous cats were all DSHs. Thanks

smudgersmum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Fidola , angel has stripped markings , but they were only faint now they are showing more each day , she also doesn't look as dark grey , and we brush her every day , because she sheds a lot x

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fidola

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Isn't that interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a gray cat with faint stripes. Very cute!!!