LebaIII dental cleaner?

reddicequeen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would like to try this product but ...my cats dont allow me in or near their mouths. They are sneaky and tricky and they sulk. Any suggestions?

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

It is expensive but not as expensive as quoted if you do a bit of a web search. (No surprise I love to do those!)
I found it for $40 at felineinstincts, here is the page listing it's price: http://www.felineinstincts.com/order...derNow-idx.php

another site called thegildedpaw.com sells it for $49.99.
Oh that's a lot better! I'll have to do a bit of search myself to see if it's available in the UK!

About the mouthwash question, it is incredibly difficult to administer! We had to do this for my RB Disco, as she had sever gingivitis
It would take three of us to treat her and as Pat mentioned, it seemed as though we were drowning her!

catnutty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just joined here, but I wanted to stress how important it is for older cats to have their teeth cleaned.

My dad refused to ever take his adorable siamese cat to the vet, because his other cat had a reaction to a vaccine and died. Anyway, the siamese when he got older, started to have these horrible seizures. If you've never seen a creature you care about have one, believe me, you don't want to.

I finally took matters into my own hands and took the cat to the vet. He was older and had many health problems, but the vet said that getting rid of all the bacteria in his mouth would be a good start. He cleaned his teeth and the cat never had another seizure and lived in relatively good health for several more years.

The moral of the story is take care of them kitty teef!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I looked into the $40 US one, the shipping to canada with the exchange and tax at the border would make it the same as my local feed store
Might have to see if I can get someone from the comany down there to pick some up cheap and ship it up with work stuff

ktlynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An integrative medicine vet (uses both conventional and holistic meds) recommended the Leba III to me over a year ago. I consulted with my conventional vet about the alcohol content. She was wary of it, saying that the alcohol could be irritating to the sensitive tissues of the mouth. In addition, alcohol is not advisable for cats to be ingesting.

My vet and dental tech agree - the best (though not the easiest) thing to do for your cat's teeth is to brush them.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KTLynn

An integrative medicine vet (uses both conventional and holistic meds) recommended the Leba III to me over a year ago. I consulted with my conventional vet about the alcohol content. She was wary of it, saying that the alcohol could be irritating to the sensitive tissues of the mouth. In addition, alcohol is not advisable for cats to be ingesting.

My vet and dental tech agree - the best (though not the easiest) thing to do for your cat's teeth is to brush them.
Thanks for sharing this. This then, would not be appropriate for a kitty with stomatitis
imho.