Leaving me 1 year old cat alone for the first time

CleoNAURRr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have to go out of town this weekend to visit family and I’m SUPER anxious about leaving my fur baby cause I’ve worked from home ever since I got her a year ago so she’s used to someone always being home.

l’ve gone out of town before and left her at a friends house but it seemed like she had an awful time and was hiding the whole time. I thought this time around it would be best to leave her home. I’d be leaving Saturday night at around 6-7pm and then coming home on Sunday at like 4-5pm. Am I a bad owner for leaving her? Should I have a friend stop by in the morning or am I over thinking this completely..

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It probably would be a good idea to have a friend come over and check on her while you are gone, even though you won't be absent too long. Ideally the friend would be someone she is familiar with. You can also leave out worn, unwashed clothes of yours in her favorite places so she has your scent with her in your absence.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
She should be ok with you away less than 24 hours. Just leave plenty of food and water. I usually end up leaving out about twice what I think the kitties will eat. I would only have a friend come in to check on her if it’s someone she knows well.

You could get a nanny cam that you can monitor on your phone. I think you’ll see that she spends most of her time sleeping.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She should be okay. Since it is overnight, having someone stop buy to play with her should ease your mind.

Cameras are great ideas too.