Leaving kitty by herself for the weekend?

justicat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Two weeks ago I rehomed my cat, Ollie, to a family friend. Stella and Ollie weren't really bonded, per se...but she isn't used to being the only cat. She's much more needy and vocal since he left, and relies on me for socialization since I live alone. I'm traveling out of town this weekend and she'll be home by herself for three days and two nights. I feel very badly about her being alone, bored, and lonely, especially since she was used to Ollie entertaining her while I was out of town.
Do y'all often leave your cat by themselves when you travel? Any advice on this particular situation? I feel awful about her being alone when I'm gone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

justicat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anyone? :)

catladyvettech

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is there anyone who can stop by while you're gone to check in on her? I've left my cats alone for the weekend before but I try to have my brother come by once a day to hang out with them for a bit. You might also get her some new toys, and maybe a puzzle feeder. If she has to work a bit to get her food maybe that'll help cut down on the boredom. You could also leave the radio or TV on so she has some human voices to listen to.