Leaving kittens for vacation

aspynandellie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have two sister kittens that I have to leave for three weeks while I go on vacation :( when I leave they will be around 12 weeks old for the first week someone will be living at our house and taking care of them but for the next two weeks we will be having some come every day to take care of them (and I know they will get lots of love from her) however I don't know if it would be mean to the kittens to only get 1hr or so of human interaction a day.. I would board them but I'm nervous that would be even worse because it could make them nervous, they could get mistreated, and they wouldn't have as much space, I also don't know of any good places near me to board animals. I'd also like to add that they have been sick recently (are still on meds) but will go to the vet before we leave to make sure they are healthy, and also the person watching them is more than willing to take them to the vet..

Also if I am leaving them I want to get them some great toys that will keep them entertained but that I know are safe and won't harm them! Thanks!!

(Also they 3 rooms they will have access to are all completely kitten proofed and I would have no problem leaving them alone in it) (also do you think the two kittens could hurt eachother / get in a fight?)

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think they will be fine.  If you could find a second friend who was willing to come once a day in the second two weeks, then you could have someone in morning and someone in evening and that would be fine.  Toy are good, windows with bird feeders outside are good, leaving the TV on is good if you have a good nature channel.  They need to feel like they are not deserted, and they do have each other.  Its probably safer to leave them home than to board them and expose them to other cats germs.  Most of my friends would LOVE to go play with kittens a couple of times during a week, so if yu can work that out for the second two weeks, it would be great.