Leaving kitten with sitter

CJ1980

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all!

I’m going away for 10 days and will have a good friend staying at my house to take care of my 5 month old kitten. My friend knows the feeding schedule, etc and I’m sure will be fine. I’m just nervous about leaving my cat for that long as I just adopted him 1 month ago. He will be fine right? I guess I’m just looking for reassurance!

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes don't worry, as you've said your friend is staying at your house with him. It's really good that your friend is staying with him because it's less stressful for him to stay in his home. And because it's your friend and not a sitter you'll be able to check on him as often as you like. You could put something old like a t-shirt you've worn in his bed so he can smell you while you're away.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CJ1980

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I live alone so he’s not used to being around other people, but this is a good opposite for him to get used to others. I can definitely check on him when I’m gone. I think it’s best for his routine and surroundings not to change at all. It will just be me that’s gone for a bit.