Leaving cats for 10 days

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SeymourandBeanz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! They're wonderful and I'm lucky to have them!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, the other thing I forgot to mention is this. Leave some of your clean unwashed non perfumed garment with the cats. Leave the garments where they like to hang out at. This way, your familiar scents will give them confidence when you are away as there is a stranger in the house with with a different scent.
I was going to suggest this as well. I always leave out a flannel shirt of mine and a t-shirt of hubby's on the bed so our scent is there.

A couple of years ago we left our cats for a 2-1/2 week trip. It's the longest we'd ever left them and I was so worried. But they did fine. I'm sure yours will, too. 👍

SeymourandBeanz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was going to suggest this as well. I always leave out a flannel shirt of mine and a t-shirt of hubby's on the bed so our scent is there.

A couple of years ago we left our cats for a 2-1/2 week trip. It's the longest we'd ever left them and I was so worried. But they did fine. I'm sure yours will, too. 👍
That gives me relief that I'm not the only one worrying, I just want the trip to go smoothly and the kitties to be safe and loved!

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've left my three in the care of a sitter who comes and feed them twice a day on several occasions lasting up to a couple weeks. The cats do just fine. It's like I never was gone ("Oh, look! Old what's-his-face is back again."). I think yours will, too.

SeymourandBeanz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've left my three in the care of a sitter who comes and feed them twice a day on several occasions lasting up to a couple weeks. The cats do just fine. It's like I never was gone ("Oh, look! Old what's-his-face is back again."). I think yours will, too.
Thank you so much I've been overthinking like nuts...

SeymourandBeanz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You were right they were almost completely unphased...makes me feel silly for worrying, but happy they had all of their needs met while I was away.