Learn about this SCAM and protect yourself and your family/friends!

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

This "lesson" was filmed in New York City but it can happen in any city or any town. It's very dastardly http://xr.com/123scamlesson Scam to Steal Your Bank PIN Number

Note to Moderators:
If this has already been shared with TCS, please merge/remove as you see fit

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Part of what makes this so vicious is that it has 4 LEVELS of scam and involves a fake do-gooder who is in on the scam

I should also add that you need video capability on your computer to view this video, which is approx. 6 minutes long, but worth every second

blast-off-girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for posting. It was informative. However, I think most criminals are so sloppy that they couldn't pull off such a heist. My credit cards were stolen in March by the moving company I hired. Although they used my name and address, they shipped all the items to a family member's home. It was very easy to trace.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the victim sinks into a panic and accepts the help of anyone with a cellphone - presumably because her cellphone is stolen along with the purse.

File under "d" for dastardly

I imagine this is more of a city thing rather than towns

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hubby works with people to help them be familiar with identity theft. I'll be sure to let him watch this so he can add this to his webpage as another video.

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've never ever turned my back on my purse. I'm not that dumb, but it goes to show you how easily people can get distracted.

I'm not perfect, let me tell you, after clicking next a few times I definately would have fell for the ATM scam that they showed as well. With the fake card reader.

Oh, and to lighten the mood I found a hilarious video of two nerds at Taco Bell who order their food by singing.

http://www.wimp.com/foodsong/