Leaky Stool

Underfoot

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My poor bestie, he has had a leaky butt since he was just a couple months old.. the poop just uncontrollably leaks out all the time..... when I pick him up, it seems like the pressure on his tummy makes it squirt out also... I'm constantly having to bathe him and wash my bedspread..... can anyone else out there relate?????

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has he had a test for a protozoa infection? Tritrichomonas foetus can cause the cat to have a leaky anus. The test is specialized - your vet can take a sample (colon flush) and send it to a lab where they run the test. Does he have loose stool -cow patty type?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Has he had a test for a protozoa infection? Tritrichomonas foetus can cause the cat to have a leaky anus. The test is specialized - your vet can take a sample (colon flush) and send it to a lab where they run the test. Does he have loose stool -cow patty type?
:yeah: I presume he's already been checked for all the "normal" things that cause diarrhea...Giardia, Coccidia, worms? How long has this been going on? What do you feed him?