Laxatone how to give?

craftymelli

My Mom's kitty, I'm the sister😊
Young Cat
Purraise
Our vet told us to give moms cat, Sheba, laxatone every day. She was having bloody stools before. But no more blood now because of the laxatone.
The problem is Sheba wont take it in food or in a dish by itself or on our fingers or on a spoon. So we have to put it on the inside roof of her mouth. Sheba hates this. Now she won't sleep on moms bed. Mom is sad because this is her emotional support animal. She doesn't want to upset Sheba. Any ideas on how to give this to Sheba in a better way that might work?
81890_MAIN._AC_SY400_V1472583225_.jpg

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Coco does not like laxitone. It's either the taste or that she seems to have trouble licking it off. She has a small mouth and her toungh is not very rough. I bought Cat Lax online which is very similar but is easier to lick off. She is 5 yrs old. For my cat Maggie I give her vet's best hair ball Relief Digestive Aid chewable tablets which she loves. They are big and hard to break apart. Maggie is like a mini leopard so she can chew a whole one. Maggie's hairball problem is more serious. There is also an egg powder I bought online for cats. Dont remember the name.

Moonlight_wolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ive heard that if you put it on their paws they will lick it off to clean their paws. I’ve never actually done this because Mia loves her hairball stuff. But it could be worth a try.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe try a different product? Laxatone isn't the only brand of hairball treatment. There are products in treat form that may be more appealing to your cat.

There is also an egg powder I bought online for cats. Dont remember the name.
Egg yolk lecithin. There is info here on using it to help with hairballs: How Best to Manage Hairballs