Lawsuit Filed Against Champion- Acana And Orijen

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know we have some Champion feeders on these boards so I thought I would post.

Lawsuit filed against Champion Pet Food - Acana and Orijen

From the article:

Consumers in Minnesota, California and Florida are suing Champion Pet Food for “False Advertising”, violations of “feed law”, and numerous other charges. The lawsuit includes results of heavy metal testing and includes results that this dry dog food contains BPA – a chemical typically not associated with dry/kibble pet foods.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we still don’t know much about who is filing this suit and what lab did the testing so there are some unanswered questions that may shed some light on the situation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed one of my kitty with Orijen but it's the proper Canadian formula, made in Canada... Am I good..? o_O
I think at this point everyone is still good because we just don’t have enough information to jump to conclusions.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"With the heavy metal results provided, the levels found in the Champion Pet Food appear be be below that what authorities recognize as a ‘Maximum Tolerable Level of Minerals in Feed’."

Hmm. I'm not sure the lawsuit will go anywhere. If the amounts are below the maximum allowed, what basis do they have for complaint?

BPA is found in the plastic used to line pet food bags. I wonder what the variables were in the samples that tested high vs the samples that tested at zero. There's a lot of BPA in human foods too :/.

torbiesarebest

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, this is quite confusing. I'd like to see the outcome of this case, was there really heavy metals in the food or not?