Laundry

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
IMG_1165.JPG

I'd say I average around four, more in the warmer months.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
1-2, and try to save water whenever possible.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
1 or 2 loads a week. I only do my own. I also work remotely exclusively now so I don't have work clothes. I have a large capacity washer, that seems to be the only kind of washing machine now. All of my clothes go in one load with cold water, three pods and Lysol sanitizer. I wait until I have no clean towels and that is one load with warm water, three pods and Lysol. I only have two sets of sheets. I do both sets in one load with warm water, three pods and Lysol.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
5 to 6, on average. And I don't know how two people make such large amounts of laundry.

2 loads of whites and colored tees, depending on how full, sometimes it's mixed with our towels
2 load of sweats (in the winter)
1 load of bed linens, sometimes mixed with our towels
1 load of kitty linens (but sometimes that's every other week)

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't always do laundry every week. I'm trying to get into the habit of doing it once a week, but haven't yet. When I do laundry, it's usually every other week and I do 1 to 3 loads depending upon what is in the basket. I usually do one load of clothes, towels and bed sheets, and then if I have blankets to wash, those are the 3rd load.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
three pods
Look into Tide Hygienic Clean. One pod is the size of 2-3 of the regular ones, and they really do the job! And cheaper than using 3 of the regulars.

I do about 4-5 every week. I try to change bedding, including the cats' throw blankets, once a week, and if I wash more than 2 throws at a time they throw the washer out of balance. I used to only use warm or cold water but since the pandemic started I've been using a hot wash for everything, and it hasn't faded/shrunk my clothes or anything like that. But I think my hot water isn't very hot. I have it set on no-scald, plus if it hasn't been used for a while it's even cooler (I'm not sure if this is normal for propane water heaters or if it needs to be replaced). If you have your hot water set high that probably would fade or shrink clothes though.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m also trying to get myself to line dry, which smells so nice, esp. the sheets.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One light, one dark, one delicate, and sometimes an extra dark load. I do a load of towels and/or sheets every other week and throw in a random load of "cat linen" whenever it needs it.
So anywhere between 4-6 loads.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I usually do 2-3 loads of laundry per week. I don't mind doing laundry but I procrastinate putting it away. :biggrin:

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One..but 2 this week..had a cold day and went to get a sweater and found the cat had found his way up onto the shelf and every one was covered in fur and my favourite racing hat.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
2 loads for the wash, sometimes only 1 load for the dryer. I hang up some things to dry.

5 to 6, on average. And I don't know how two people make such large amounts of laundry.
My mom does at least a dozen loads every week. Her own laundry is maybe one or two but she also does my (adult) brothers' laundry so that's a couple more loads for each.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Umm… 6 or so.

Darks, lights, jeans, reds, and 2 of towels. So more when I’m washing bed linnens. Sometimes I have 2 loads of darks. I only recently started combining the kids laundry with ours because fabric softener doesn’t bother their skin anymore. DH does his own work clothes separately.