Later today

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to go have an MRI. No big deal, right? Wrong, I am extremely claustrophobic! I can’t be given anything to calm me down because I have to drive home. I need it since I fell and they suspect a subdural hematoma ( brain bleed) a month ago. Keep your fingers crossed I won’t have a panic attack!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Do they have an open MRI near you? A lot of people share your feelings which is why they have open MRI's in many areas now. Fingers crossed you'll make it through ok but take a breather when it's over and don't drive if you feel shaky, wait until you feel in control. :crossfingers:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From what I have learned, there is an open MRI in a town about 45 minutes from me BUT it is not in the network that is treating me. The stupid thing is they scheduled me for the test in a town 25 miles away when our local hospital, 3 miles away from me, has an MRI! They are also in the network.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Good luck. :hugs: If you start to feel overwhelmed you can let them know and they will pull you out. When I had one done I was starting to feel that way but then they told me it was only going to be a few more minutes.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Hoping by now it is all over with and went fine. I think when I had an MRI they offered me headphones?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That’s wonderful news! I hope you never have to do that again.

My mother was able to stay in the room with me when I had one. There was even a couch for her. I wasn’t nervous but I did get bored! It’svery weird not being able to move for 15 minutes. I thought I was a more still person than that.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That’s wonderful news! I hope you never have to do that again.

My mother was able to stay in the room with me when I had one. There was even a couch for her. I wasn’t nervous but I did get bored! It’svery weird not being able to move for 15 minutes. I thought I was a more still person than that.
Not being able to move was the worst part for me. It wasn't as bad when they did my head as when they did my wrist and arm for some reason.