Last resorts!

Ezavora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've posted alot on this issue with my cat peeing. She has been peeing in the same spot on our carpet. We have used enzyme cleaner, sprayed with vinegar or citrus, changed litter box locations, created a special room for just her. She and my other cat will play fight but they groom and cuddle each other so they don't seem to not get along. I've tried feliway diffusers and also brought her to the vet (when it all started) to check for any UTIs or health issues. Ive literally watched her jusy casually go to the spot, pee, and go about her day. I literally am at a loss for what else to try. Someone suggested anxiety medication. Has anyone had any luck with this?

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might try this put a litter box, filled the way she likes with the litter she likes on the spot. It may not be where you want a litter box, but if she uses it for awhile, she may go back to using the box all the time. It may not work, but it might.

I feel your pain. Mine was a male who peed on the doors. It turned out the neighbor's neutered male sprayed our (and everyone else's) front and back door every day. It was more than my neutered male could take.

If your house is being sprayed on the outside and it could be under a window. Use a black light, find the spots and wash them off with enzyme cleaner. This, also, might work.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know that advice is no fun. And a pain. However, the point is to get her to use the box. Once she is reliably doing that, you can SLOWLY (a foot a day, usually) move it back where you want it.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At my mom’s house she had a dog that peed on the floor right in front of a bedroom door. The carpet was removed and there were pee stains in the wood!!!! So just because you think the carpet is clean doesn’t mean the padding & subfloor are!

I would also be curious about what us going on outside of the pee spot inside your house? Are there community cats in your yard that your cat sees through the window? Are they marking the outside of your house? If so blocking off the window with poster board may help or a motion activated sprinkler to keep roaming cats out of your insecure cat’s yard.