Last bag of Orijen (Canada) looking for new dry

rupertoooo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am on my last bag of Orijen (Canada) and refuse to pay for the ridiculous shipping price to continue using Orijen (Canada).  I was hoping that the Kentucky plant would receive enough negative feedback that they would switch to the Canadian recipe again ridiculous.  I currently feed Tiki Puka Puka Luau however one of my cats will not touch wet food or dehy but devours the Orijen and will be looking to find a dry replacement.  There really is no consensus in regards to whats the best dry food in the market place however there are a handful that popup continuously.  I was hoping I could get some feedback from folks in particular with taste.  We all know cats can be finicky and I would like to start with a food that most folks have had success with.  I am looking at the following in particular Wysong Epigen 90.

Canidae Pure Elements

Fromm Four Star Game Bird

Acana Meadowland

Wysong Epigen 90

I would prefer one of the four above however if one of the big names is the best I will strongly consider them.

Natures Variety

Wellness Core

EVO

Thoughts,

Craig

Last edited:

tuffsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feed wet at mealtime, but a little fromm dry as a snack. He LOVES it.

dorimon

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We currently feed a mixture of Nature's Variety Instinct Ultimate Protein and Young Again ZERO Mature Health.  Would recommend Young Again; they are very responsive if you have questions or concerns.  Planning to phase out all dry food once I'm able to start preparing homemade raw, though.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

I am on my last bag of Orijen (Canada) and refuse to pay for the ridiculous shipping price to continue using Orijen (Canada).  I was hoping that the Kentucky plant would receive enough negative feedback that they would switch to the Canadian recipe again ridiculous.  I currently feed Tiki Puka Puka Luau however one of my cats will not touch wet food or dehy but devours the Orijen and will be looking to find a dry replacement.  There really is no consensus in regards to whats the best dry food in the market place however there are a handful that popup continuously.  I was hoping I could get some feedback from folks in particular with taste.  We all know cats can be finicky and I would like to start with a food that most folks have had success with.  I am looking at the following in particular Wysong Epigen 90.

Acana Meadowland
I am in the same boat with Acana, I was feeding the original Canadian version, Wild Prairie Cat & Kitten.  The formula changed and the Kentucky version is called Meadowland - Do Not buy it!  There have been numerous complaints from people as well as vets who have been treating animals for digestive problems, vomiting, diarrhea and even blood in stool.  We were able to snag a 15# bag of the original food from Canada near the end of last year and have been trying to transition to canned but with no luck so I tried freeze dried raw and our cat loves it.  Problem is it's expensive so I would like to keep some better quality dry as a back up.  The only dry I've had semi-luck with is Fromm Hasen Duckenpfeffer.  I'll be curious to hear what your kitty likes.  

destinyz12

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feed my cat Canidae Pure Elements, but not a lot since I also feed wet food.  It's a pretty good quality compared to a lot of other dry foods, but it is very high in calories so I would carefully monitor your cats intake if you try it.  My cat is still young (8 months old) but once she's fully grown I am actually going to switch to something lower in calories.

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Earthborn Holistics is a highly rated food, and has grain free formulas.  They have never had a recall.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rupertoooo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the responses folks and after some additional research have concluded that I will go with a combination of two dry foods.

3/4 Petcurean Go Fit and Free Grain Chicken/Turkey/ Duck recipe

1/4 Fromm Four Star Game Bird recipe

As well as my standard 

Tiki Cat Puka Puka Chicken Consomme canned and Primal Chicken and Salmon fd nuggets.