Large disposable litter boxes

lissalouie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does anybody have any recommendations for larger disposable litter boxes? My grandma isn't able to wash her usual ones properly in her apartment due to physical limitations, and her cat (understandably) can't tolerate litter box liners. Her cat is on the larger side (12-13 pounds), whereas many of the disposable ones I see in stores are for more standard-sized cats. I told her I'd ask, so if you have any recommendations, let me know! I did search the forum for similar posts, but many of them reference products that are no longer available. I'm happy to spend the money to help her if anybody has any good recommendations. Thanks!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, Would something like this (see link below) work?

Is there is someone that could help your grandmother with the cleaning process - when they can? If so, you could buy something like what I have which was less than $10 a piece (see second link below). If you bought multiple ones, your grandmother could set one aside until someone could help her and then use a clean one. I bought this for my cat because it was bigger than any 'real' litter box (and a lot cheaper).
Amazon.com: Kitty Sift (6-Pack) Disposable Cat Litter Box, Sustainable, Clean - Jumbo, 6-Pack : Pet Supplies
Creative Plastic Concepts Small Mixing Tub 20-in W x 26-in L x 6-in D Drywall Mud Pan in the Drywall Mud Pans department at Lowes.com

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Does anybody have any recommendations for larger disposable litter boxes? My grandma isn't able to wash her usual ones properly in her apartment due to physical limitations, and her cat (understandably) can't tolerate litter box liners. Her cat is on the larger side (12-13 pounds), whereas many of the disposable ones I see in stores are for more standard-sized cats. I told her I'd ask, so if you have any recommendations, let me know! I did search the forum for similar posts, but many of them reference products that are no longer available. I'm happy to spend the money to help her if anybody has any good recommendations. Thanks!
Is it just the scrubbing/washing part you do between switching litter completely? Is she still able to scoop it daily?

waddle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was just going to search on this topic. I used to use natures miracle jumbo boxes but they are discontinued and everything else has looked too small and/or poorly made. I am considering trying the harloon brand on Amazon but cannot find many reviews. These look like the best option.

Harloon 10 Pack Extra Large Disposable Cat Litter Box 22.4 x 17.9 x 6.9'' Paper Cat Litter Tray Pet Litter Pan Large Disposable for Cats Rabbits Sturdy Portable Litter Liners Box Indoor Outdoor Travel Amazon.com

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Is this going to be long term? If so it may be worth investing in a littermaid or simmaler automatic cat box. It would pay for itself in disposable boxes saved. All she would have to do is empty the canister when its full. The box does the rest on its own. They do need to be cleaned on ocassion but maybe you could just do that when you think of it.