Large Cat Trees - Revisited

Rhall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all, I have a small cat tree that was perfect when my two were kittens but now they are almost full grown and we are adding a third shortly. I was rereading this thread:

Recommendations for cat trees for LARGE cats?

and got some great ideas. I really like this one:

Redwood

My cats love the tree and I have it by the sliding glass door. I will have to measure. This one is awesome but I think it might be too big - I would have to measure:

Big Horn

Anyone else find an awesome sturdy tree that can hold 3 cats?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The kitty Mansion one looks like a good fit for you and your 3 cats, what with the 3 beds at the top.

darg

Gizmo
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That Redwood looks like it would be fine but the Big Horn looks like it has the same plush material that my cats tree has at the top and bottom of the posts. The posts on mine have sisal rope but the tops and bottoms are wrapped with that plush material. My cat never liked scratching a post even though he's always had one, until I got this last tree that is. He starts at the top of the post where that plush material is wrapped and has torn it to shreds. On day one it started tearing apart. It may not be a problem with your cats but, and this is just my opinion but wrapping that plush material around the tops and bottoms of the posts is a really dumb idea by the manufacturers. I only paid $59 for a smaller tree, so not terribly painful mistake. But I won't make the same one again.

These type of trees are popular so it's probably not an issue with most cats. But again, I mention how easy that plush stuff is for a cat to shred if you have one that likes getting their claws into it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rhall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat likes to scratch soft stuff and not sisal, so she began scratching the very bottom posts of her tree that were covered with soft carpet. I wrapped burlap around them, which put an end to the scratching. The carpet on those things is pretty cheap, so a little bit of dedicated scratching shreds them pretty well. What I need is some scratching post or tree that is covered with industrial carpet that will hold up to a dedicated carpet scratcher.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
those are gorgeous cat trees but, as always, the base seems too small to support the tree if a medium to large cat climbed or jumped off, or if two small to medium cats got into a fight on it. Is there any way to make the base larger? Can you attach guy wires to the floor or the wall? Or are you concerned about the cats getting caught on the wires?

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
So I getting spooky a cat tree for her first Christmas what is a good brand and should I just get a small one she loves my book shelf