Being Reviewed Lag Caused By Emojis

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there any way to turn off the little emojis on threads? I've noticed when people overuse them they cause the thread to lag horribly. I find this especially true of any emojis with animation.

Can you add a way to turn them off or at least disable the animation? Like maybe add the option in user preferences?

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Can you please let us know what kind of browser you're using? Also what kind of web connection? Emojis are generally tiny files - even the animated ones - I think you'd need to have hundreds of them on a page, if not thousands, to cause significant lag time.
Also, by lag time do you mean time until the emojis finish loading, or time for the page to even begin to show up? Most browsers know to show you the page text and then load other components in the background.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Samsung galaxy 6 running Android Nougat nonrooted

Browser: Samsung Internet 5.0

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thank you. Can you also let me know if the entire page seems to be waiting for the emojis or if the main content shows up and then you have to wait for the emojis to show up?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Text shows but can't scroll or tap until the emojis load. Sometimes hangs on a white page. Pushing the stop loading button unhangs it but only half the page is loaded.