Ladies, come in and help this young man.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holy crow, well if there are any more recipe threads that come up (and I know there will be) I'll look for your posts!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Best cookbooks - Fannie Farmer (very good details on baking, every single vegetable explained, all meats, ); Betty Crocker - food we grew up with; Colorado Cache Cookbook (really good, but probably hard to find if you're not in the Rocky Mountain area).

For vegetarians - have you checked out Laurel's Kitchen?

I'm trying to get more fiber. Here's a great recipe for beef barley soup!

1 pound stew meat, browned, with 1 - 2 cloves minced garlic

put in big pot with
1/2 package of frozen stew veggies (I get them at King Soopers, and it's awesome - has potatoes, onions, carrots, carrots, celery, etc.)
5 - 6 cans of beef broth (I use swanson's low sodium beef, if I can get it)
1/2 - 3/4 cup barley
season w/ pepper, etc.
It needs to be cooked for at least 50 - 60 minutes as this is how long the barley needs to cook.

I've been on a real kick with this soup. I've been making it every week.

tilly tiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
driven there is a cookbook for the goerge forman grill cause ive got 1 and i also like usein my preassure cooker as well

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Okay, so I found out from my computer geek husband that the amount of recepies I have will WAY excede all email accounts(198 MB). What I will do is upload them to a filesharing program and post the link here. I will only be alouwed 20 downloads total. I will make sure that the people who PM me will get first crack at them. I will wait 24 hours and than post the link. Those who PM me will have 24 hours to go download it and get it. Once the link is dead I will start a recipe of the day thread and start posting a new one every day. So either PM me to get prefred treatment or wait and copy and paste daily. Sorry to be a b*&$ch but that is how it has to be.
Sory for the mispellings but I have had a bit to drink and well I am kind of loose.