Lactoferrin For Uri

Perrinao

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What is a good quality brand of Bovine Lactoferrin for my cats?

I was going to purchase Jarrow Lactoferrin but it is either discontinued, out of stock or on back order everywhere I look!

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huh. I see what you mean. We've only used Jarrow lactoferrin for our cat, and up until now, we've always been able to find it at Amazon. *scratches head*

Okay, I just e-mailed Jarrow to see what the deal is. Fingers crossed.

Is there a Vitamin Shoppe store near you? They carry a lot of Jarrow products, or at least ours does (or did!). :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Perrinao

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, thank you for emailing them! I did go to my local vitamin shoppe, the girl behind the counter said they already clearances it out....it seems like they are discontinuing it

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, thank you for emailing them! I did go to my local vitamin shoppe, the girl behind the counter said they already clearances it out....it seems like they are discontinuing it
I still haven't heard back from Jarrow, but I did find some online retailers that appear to have the lactoferrin in stock. Well, at least that my middle-aged eyes could see. I've never ordered anything from these companies, so I can't vouch for the quality of their customer service, etc. However, that may soon change if my usual sources dry up. :wink:

Blue Sky Vitamin

Natural Nutritionals

eVitamins

I found a couple of other online retailers, but they charged about $50, and I'm not quite that desperate yet. :)

Perrinao

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I still haven't heard back from Jarrow, but I did find some online retailers that appear to have the lactoferrin in stock. Well, at least that my middle-aged eyes could see. I've never ordered anything from these companies, so I can't vouch for the quality of their customer service, etc. However, that may soon change if my usual sources dry up. :wink:

Blue Sky Vitamin

Natural Nutritionals

eVitamins

I found a couple of other online retailers, but they charged about $50, and I'm not quite that desperate yet. :)

Thank you so much for all the info! I’m bummed that Jarrow Lactoferrin may be disappearing, seems to be the one everyone uses and trusts.
The only other name I’ve seen pop up in forums is “Now” brand Lactoferrin. I’m checking into that one.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haz great news! :bunnydance:

I just heard back from Jarrow. The lactoferrin has NOT been discontinued, and should be back in stock about mid-March.

Perrinao

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh good!!!!! That is so weird that they stopped production for a short time, I wonder why. Thank you for emailing them and getting back to me.....you are awesome!!