Lactated Ringers

terris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone 😺
Where can I get 1000 ml bags of lactated ringers, tubings and 18g needles for our cat?
I live in the southern part of Pennsylvania.
Walmart said its very expensive, like $150.00 a bag (say what?) and CVS said they do not carry it at all and can not get it for me.
Our vet made the decision to stop processing prescription requests to outside pharmacies such as Chewy and 1-800-PET- MEDS, for various reasons, but she is happy to write us a script to get it somewhere other than her office.
Money is tight plus transportation getting it from our vets office is an issue.
Thanks!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm stunned at the cost Walmart gave you. I used to get ours at Walgreens and there was very inexpensive. Maybe $7.50 for at least two bags (1000 ml each). That was a couple of years ago, but I can't imagine prices have gone up that much. You might even check with a different Walmart. I think someone didn't quite understand what you were looking for.

I'm talking about JUST the fluids. I always bought my needles and IV set-ups on-line from sources I obtained from the above mentioned website. And I used 20G thin walled Terumo needles. The BEST, in my opinion. Very sharp so the needle prick was minimal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm talking about JUST the fluids. I always bought my needles and IV set-ups on-line from sources I obtained from the above mentioned website. And I used 20G thin walled Terumo needles. The BEST, in my opinion. Very sharp so the needle prick was minimal.
[/QUOTE]

I was stunned as well, when the Walmart pharmacist said $150.00 a bag. I explained to her they were like iv bags and that I was getting them at Chewy for $9.99. She still didn’t understand, I don’t think, because she then said bring up the script and they will check from that.

I use to use the 20g Terumo needles, but my cat tried to get away from me when I used them. Once I switched to the 18g Terumo, he sits still.

Thank you for your suggestion. I’ll call another Walmart tomorrow, and Walgreens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know if I can get the Terumo needles at Walgreens?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Does anyone know if I can get the Terumo needles at Walgreens?
Possibly. Needles are a behind the counter pharmacy item. Call your local Walgreens pharmacy and ask if they carry the specific Terumo needles you need.

babiesmom5

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I buy Terumo needles from Med-Vet International for $7.50 box of 100. www.shopmedvet.com. Ship fast.

You can also buy Terumo needles from Thriving Pets for $14.95 box of 100 www.thrivingpets.com. Ship fast.

There was a supply issue a few months ago, but it has since been resolved. They should be available.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Just for comparison, I get lactated ringer solution same as yours from my dog's vet for only $50 for the entire set up. I can't believe Walmart wants that much.