Labor issues

Skyye

Cat obsessed Digital Artist, mom and a meowm (-:
Kitten
Purraise
My cat went into labor at 6PM lastnight and had three healthy ginger kittens, unfortunately I don’t think she expelled the third placenta and I think she still has kittens in her because I feel them and I’m worried they’re dead now because she hasn’t tried giving birth anymore and is just laying around looking depressed. I’m really worried but I can’t get her to a vet because we are poor as all hell and don’t have any money and plus my state’s cities way of doing vet crap is so complicated and annoying I just- don’t know what to do. I’ve tried getting her to start labor again but it’s like she’s too scared. She isn’t acting how a cat should if labor was over, she’s definitely still carrying kittens and I feel like she should have had the rest by now. It’s now 1PM in the afternoon… help please? And please don’t tell me to take her to the vet I’ve already told my situation regarding the vet, but anything I can do at home to TRY and help or something, I don’t 100% know if the placenta is stuck i might’ve not payed attention when she pushed it out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Skyye

Kitten
Purraise
She also got up a few hours ago to use the restroom, eat and drink water and all that, but she’s just been sitting around looking sad and her back leg shaking and then it’s like she has palpitations because her rear area twitches. Can’t explain it but I’m really worried. I’ll get her to a vet when I can but right now I just can’t, especially since my fiancé is at work and we are borrowing his dads truck.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is she nursing the 3 kittens?

Most cats will go back into labor hours or even days later and deliver the rest of the kittens. It actually sounds like she may be laboring. Since she had the first 3 successfully, she should have any others successfully when her body is ready.

Skyye Skyye

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My cat went into labor at 6PM lastnight and had three healthy ginger kittens, unfortunately I don’t think she expelled the third placenta and I think she still has kittens in her because I feel them and I’m worried they’re dead now because she hasn’t tried giving birth anymore and is just laying around looking depressed. I’m really worried but I can’t get her to a vet because we are poor as all hell and don’t have any money and plus my state’s cities way of doing vet crap is so complicated and annoying I just- don’t know what to do. I’ve tried getting her to start labor again but it’s like she’s too scared. She isn’t acting how a cat should if labor was over, she’s definitely still carrying kittens and I feel like she should have had the rest by now. It’s now 1PM in the afternoon… help please? And please don’t tell me to take her to the vet I’ve already told my situation regarding the vet, but anything I can do at home to TRY and help or something, I don’t 100% know if the placenta is stuck i might’ve not payed attention when she pushed it out.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sounds desperate... Lets hope she just need some rest.
During the time, give her whatever calcium source you have at home, and she is willing to take. Do so asap.

Boiled egg shells crushed into fine powder contains much calcium. Otherwise, goats milk, yoghurt, a little cheese, kmr.... Whatever she takes. You may need to forcefeed.

Also, give her some sugar. If you dont have glucose sugar proper, you can always smear a little white caro syrup or honey on her gum. Gives quick energhy.

Of course, make sure she has fluid to drink.... This goats milk or yoghurt if she takes, otherwise water. With perhaps a little sugar in and a trifle salt.

If you totally dont have any financial resources, and are desperate, say, you are sure its stop there, I hear its possible to abandon the cat at the vet.
, The vet will often just pts it, but if the cat is otherwise healthy he may try to save it; either because of his good heart. or to give training for his personal.... And find the cat a new home to adopt out.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
See how she does for a day or two. A vet could give her a shot of oxytocin to stimulate labor if she does not deliver on her own soon.

If she is in distress you’ll absolutely need a vet.

Skyye

Kitten
Purraise
I took her in to emergency vet and they X-ray her , no extra kittens and no stuck placenta, no charge, had to have my cousin take me, yay!

Skyye

Kitten
Purraise
Sounds desperate... Lets hope she just need some rest.
During the time, give her whatever calcium source you have at home, and she is willing to take. Do so asap.

Boiled egg shells crushed into fine powder contains much calcium. Otherwise, goats milk, yoghurt, a little cheese, kmr.... Whatever she takes. You may need to forcefeed.

Also, give her some sugar. If you dont have glucose sugar proper, you can always smear a little white caro syrup or honey on her gum. Gives quick energhy.

Of course, make sure she has fluid to drink.... This goats milk or yoghurt if she takes, otherwise water. With perhaps a little sugar in and a trifle salt.

If you totally dont have any financial resources, and are desperate, say, you are sure its stop there, I hear its possible to abandon the cat at the vet.
, The vet will often just pts it, but if the cat is otherwise healthy he may try to save it; either because of his good heart. or to give training for his personal.... And find the cat a new home to adopt out.
Uh, I would never abandon my cat at a vet.