Koda Kitty's Strange Habit.

HiddenFlame

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
First off. I think she has a foot fetish.

But when I sleep. She likes my legs. I move them. She follows. I turn, she follows. I try to get comfortable, she waits for me and then back on my legs or feet. Always gotta be touching me.

Is this normal?

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, cats like to sleep on your limbs.

I think this is because cats are always on alert for incursions into their territory, or bigger predators looking to eat them - you are the big protective thing in the room. If anything they need to be aware of happens, then you will move - and if they sleep on one of your limbs, it means they can sleep soundly, knowing that *you* will alert them by moving if anything untoward happens.

Look at it as a sign that she trusts you and looks to you as an alarm system in a way :)

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat Snoopy always sleeps next to the back of my knee, or in that general area. He resists all my moving around. If I get up he waits until I return and then moves back to his spot. And yes he likes to be touching me. He stays on the side close to the door so he can monitor the other cats and keep them out of the room since he is my protector, or at least that is what he has decided. If I am late getting to bed and he is tired he comes and lets me know that it is time for bed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HiddenFlame

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ha ha. Koda is just like that vyger. If I stream to long. She will come up like. Dude, it's bed time. Seriously let's go to bed.

GalifreyGirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My little dude is exactly the same. Won't settle unless he has physical contact with me. Last night he slept with half his body on my head! :crackup: