know anything about Siberian cats?

hippy cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I am a siberian kitten and i think i might be slightly inbred. I was born with no hip joints and my lower jaw is fused to my upper jaw, (i have a small gap which i can suck food through and as i get older the doctor said it would grow with me).

My mummy and daddy blend my food and although it takes me some time i can eat. I am also very mobile and run and jump about.

I wondered if there is anyone out there who might have any general advice in my small kitty problem.

meows and purrs

Hippy

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sorry to hear that.

the only thing i heard about Siberians is that humans have reported fewer allergeric reactions to Siberians' fur (something about a gene?) and scientists are hoping to unlock that mystery to help folks with allergies and help increase the number of cat adoptions

source: Animal Planet cable TV channel
show: "Cats 101"

edit to say: guess what, TCS has a page on Siberians http://www.thecatsite.com/Breeds/230/Siberian-Cats.html

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are an angel for taking such great care of this baby! Can the vet do surgery to 'unfuse' his mouth?

You can get carts for cats who's back legs do not work, kinda like a kitty wheelchair. Would that help him in any way?

Welcome to TCS, we are glad that you are a part of our ever growing 'family!' I hope to hear more about you and your wonderful cat!!!